Thursday, February 7, 2013

Low Calorie Tropical Smoothie

I have been making this smoothie forever and I just love it! I use to count calories on myfitness pal and was always upset that this smoothie had a lot of calories in it, but I figured out how to make it low calorie and even tastier! First off, I use Almond Milk, which saves a lot of calories, but the trick is not using frozen fruits when you make it. I defrost my fruit in the microwave first...this means less liquid, which means less calories.

Ingredients: 
4-5 Large Strawberries
1/2 cup of peaches (about 4-5 slices from a can)
1/3 cup pineapple tidbits
1 Tablespoon stevia or sweetner of choice
1 cup ice
1/3 cup Almond Milk

Directions:
If you are using frozen fruits, first defrost them in the microwave about 40 seconds or until soft. Place all the ingredients in the blender and blend until it looks like a whirlpool in the blender, if you don't get that whirlpool add more liquid. You can top it with whip cream too! Makes 1 smoothie :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Pin It button on image hover